Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Easter Tradition


When my brothers and I were little Mum would make an Easter garden with us. We would all traipse down the road to our friend's house and walk up the back of their land to a beautiful little waterfall. Growing all around the base of the waterfall was moss and we would pick just enough for our garden, slipping and sliding on the wet rocks and muddy ground before walking back home again. It was a special part of Easter and now Mum has started doing it again with my little sister. It is a beautiful reminder, sitting there on the table, of a sacrifice I will never be able to comprehend. Thank you Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. I did this with my kids several years ago. They had alot of fun with it. Somehow as the kids have gotten older, we've gotten away from this tradition. It's such a beautiful reminder of our risen Savior.