Monday, January 25, 2010

Farewell Marie


I hate saying goodbye. Marie came into my life last year, as a rather reserved German Au pair. I got to know her and found that underneath her quiet exterior was a bubbly, laughing, witty friend. She left yesterday to go to Sydney, another job calling. And after that she will go back to Germany to begin her studies. I went out to say goodbye. Saying goodbye to someone you have gotten to know quite well and not knowing when you will ever see them again is so saddening, especially when they do not share the same faith. When I came back and got in the car to drive home Sara Grove's latest cd was playing and it started in right at the beginning of this song.
Which made me cry harder. I can't imagine what I would do if the friends I have known since childhood moved away. And I am not even going to try.
Farewell Marie. I will see you again.

No comments: