Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sunset and A Mad Goat

So on Sunday I had lunch with my gorgeous friends, Emily, Laura and Amy. It had been far too long since we had been all together so we had a lot to catch up on. But the most pressing thing to talk about was Amy's recently announced wedding! A week before I leave. I am so happy I get to be there for it.

Amy was house sitting for friends and later on in the evening when the others had left Amy and I wanted to go for a walk up the hill to see the sunset. But we had to outwit this rather vicious goat in order to be able to watch the sunset as he lives on the hill we had to climb. After having him menacingly come towards us quite a few times we managed to shut him on the other side of the fence and were able to watch the sunset in peace. It was stunning.
Amy remarked as we were walking down: "At least he doesn't run fast, he only plods." No sooner had she said this than he turned around and came tearing down the hill straight for us. We couldn't believe it and were so glad to have the fence between him and us as otherwise we would have been rather sore. I never thought a goat could be so grumpy!

No comments: